Mother and Daughter trip to South Africa!
Recently, Elizabeth Story of Kensington Tours shared her experience. We thought we should share the highlights with you!
"I feel like one of the lucky ones when I tell people where I get to work, and my good fortune rang particularly true when I took my daughter to South Africa with Kensington Tours. We both had an exhaustive wish list when it came to what we hoped to do: She wanted a safari, I hoped to sip my way through Cape Winelands, and even though our ask was large (and sometimes ever-changing), our Destination Experts customized it all without so much as a sigh. We saw things we couldn’t have imagined and experienced things we didn’t think possible."
A few highlights from her blog in Madikwe:
- The area she choose to spend time in was, Madikwe Game Reserve as it is great for family safari's and there is low risk of Malaria.
- Unlike a safari in the Kruger National Park, you can off-road in this area of South Africa. This allows closer tracking of the animals.
- On the morning she was leaving, they woke up to lions outside their accommodation which was an added bonus to the trip.
- The rangers leading their trip could smell certain animals and tell from footprints which animal was heading where and how fresh the tracks were.
After enjoying the sites of the animals in their natural habitat, mother and daughter headed by train to Capetown. Some highlights:
- The two ladies did a food tour in Cape Town - which left them full and not requiring any further food for the day!
- They saw South African penguins at Boulder Beach and did a wine tour in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
- Some relaxing and night walking was done at The Cape Grace 5-star hotel on the waterfront.
Interested in heading to South Africa? Contact one of our African travel specialists to make this happen!